September turned out to a bit of a storm sandwich! A settled spell with some lovely days suddenly gave way to a week of westerly storms before the calm returned with more sunny skies and gentle breezes. The coming of the autumn storms quickens the pulse of 'twitchers' hoping for a series of exotic stray birds coming in on the strong westerlies but this time it was not to be with just a lesser yellow-legs showing up and staying a while at Lodmoor.
In the RECORDS section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- See the latest sightings in lists, maps, charts and photos
- Find out where and when species have been seen
- Find out what has been seen at a site near you
- Find out the best time of year to see selected species
- Create your own lists, charts and maps and export data