To aid users of mobile devices as well as those with a mouse or laptop finger pad this site uses a simple image-based menu system. Virtually every picture you see (images and photos) are links to more information arranged in a sort of top-down structure. See an image, click or tap on it to open a new page.
This report shows all of the records within the database and can form the basis from which to produce your own reports. Using the 'filter' boxes you can interrogate the database for records for a specific species or group of species, for a specific location, from a specific recorder and for any month and/or year or any combination of these. Once you have you filtered data you can sort it by clicking on a column heading that dictates your preferred sequence. Click on the 'view' tag for a full view of a tweet and related data.
If you want a printed copy of the report or wish to download your report to your own computer you can do so - see the note at the bottom of the page.
Displaying 1 - 50 of 51474
Once you have your data filtered and sorted as you require it, if you would like a printed copy, or wish to output it as a PDF file or to email it to someone use the 'Print Friendly' link at the bottom of the page. If you wish you can download it to your own computer. There are four formats provided for this: Excel (xls), comma separated variable (csv), simple text (txt) and Word (doc) - click on the format you require from the four small icons below.
Note: Depending on the version of Excel you are running you may encounter a message saying the format is incompatible. If so, just click 'yes' to continue and it will probably be alright!
In the REFERENCE section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- Find species information with photos, maps, etc
- Access Identification tools for birds, flora and trees
- Find information about nature reserves and hotspots
- Access information about Sites of special scientific interest
- Learn about the wildlife habitats of Dorset
Go to the REFERENCE section
In the RECORDS section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- See the latest sightings in lists, maps, charts and photos
- Find out where and when species have been seen
- Find out what has been seen at a site near you
- Find out the best time of year to see selected species
- Create your own lists, charts and maps and export data
Go to the RECORDS section
In the RESOURCES section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- See what is new across the site
- Use extended search facilities
- Ask questions or start discussions
- Keep up to date with the news
- Find an assortment of other resources
Go to the RESOURCES section
Extended Search Facility
Search beyond the Nature of Dorset in to other Dorset nature websites too
Share this page
Ask questions, submit sightings and join discussions in the forum
Print this page:
About this website
Guidance about this website and the terms and conditions of use
Add to your rss reader
Table of Contents
A table of contents for the entire Nature of Dorset website