The nature of Dorset yesterday as reported on Twitter.
- List of species seen and where
- A map of sites and species distribution charts
- Pick of the days photographs
"What can you see? Where can you see it? When can you see it? What does it look like? A database of nature reports that may help you answer questions like this ..."
To aid users of mobile devices as well as those with a mouse or laptop finger pad this site uses a simple image-based menu system. Virtually every picture you see (images and photos) are links to more information arranged in a sort of top-down structure. See an image, click or tap on it to open a new page.
What is happening in the natural world at the moment? Find out here with the Nature of Dorset NEWSDESK featuring tweets, maps, charts and photographs from observers across the county.
If you are keen on Dorset wildlife then you will want to keep up to date with the latest news. In this part of the Nature of Dorset I try to bring you the latest species sightings from Dorset wildife enthusiasts posted on Twitter.
I hope you find this information useful. If you are aware of a relevant news source that I have not included please let me know via the site contact form so that I can expand this section and make it really relevant. Thank you.
In the REFERENCE section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- Find species information with photos, maps, etc
- Access Identification tools for birds, flora and trees
- Find information about nature reserves and hotspots
- Access information about Sites of special scientific interest
- Learn about the wildlife habitats of Dorset
In the RECORDS section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- See the latest sightings in lists, maps, charts and photos
- Find out where and when species have been seen
- Find out what has been seen at a site near you
- Find out the best time of year to see selected species
- Create your own lists, charts and maps and export data